Two weeks ago we offered an opportunity to help and presented a challenge to you and our company. We knew we were going through our first shut down of processing to get some much needed maintenance completed. Erick and I have planned many projects on the farm. Ussually we get done about 50-75% of what we want done and put the rest off until later. This time everything was in line. The weather was perfect, the man hour projections right on, and the help presented it. Our employees did fantastic work. We logged roughly 40 hours of volunteer help which is just what we needed to push us over and get the jobs done. Thank you! Now we are ready for our grand opening, “Meat the Grower”. Some of you were physically able to help us with our projects; all of you have been essential to our business. Mark your calendars for May 13th so we can thank you for helping us get where we are today in support for healthful, local foods.
This Old Farm Meats and Processing Announces Open House
Please join us on Thursday, May 13 from 4-8pm to celebrate the Grand Opening of This Old Farm Meats and Processing and locally produced foods. Consumers who want to learn about how and where to source Indiana grown local food products for their home, school, or institution and producers who are interested in finding markets for their farm products are welcome to this event to meet and get connected during this informal gathering.
Our Open House event will feature:
- Ribbon Cutting ceremony
- “Meat the Grower” – find out who are our central Indiana producers
- This Old Farm Meats and Processing plant tours
- Local meats and products sampling
- Delicious prepared local foods will be available for purchase
- Owners Jessica and Erick Smith will share their vision for building and growing our central Indiana local food economy through a local food Producer Alliance.
- Musical entertainment
- Socializing and networking among growers and consumers who wish to participate in creating local food security where we live.
Please RSVP, if possible, by May 5th . Call Jessica at (765) 324-2161 or email email@example.com. If you can’t let us know, just come on by anyway!
Our event will be held at:
This Old Farm Meats and Processing
9572 W County Road 650 S
Colfax, IN 46035
Please let us know if we can help you with directions.
We look forward to seeing you there!