Processing Room Crew:
This Old Farm, Inc is looking for a detail oriented, dependable, and hard working individual. This Old Farm Meats and Processing is located outside of Colfax, IN between Indianapolis and Lafayette. The processing facility is a small federally inspected plant processing both certified organic meats as well as traditionally raised meats. Locally raised meats and produce are sold through retail and wholesale outlets. Our mission is as follows:
Our mission is to bring healthful, local food to Indiana by sustaining, nurturing, and prospering the family farm through cooperative distribution of local, environmentally conscience foods at a cost that both supports the farmer while representing the true cost and value for the customer.
Here is what we are looking for (requirements):
• Vacuum packing
• Weighing and labeling
• Keeping inventories correct
• Quality Control
• Miscellaneous help-in a small company it is important to have help with all aspects of the business. At times other activities will be necessary.
Livestock Harvest Floor worker!
• The ability to comfortably and patiently work with livestock. Livestock can be intimidating, and do not always do as we would like, so patience is key to ensuring a stress free environment for them.
• The ability to perform strenuous physical labor for extended periods of time.
• The ability to take criticism from, and cooperate productively with USDA inspectors, and complete paperwork when needed.
• Attention to detail in order to notice oddities in livestock or paperwork.
• Previous experience in skinning an animal (whether it be in hunting or livestock) is highly recommended.
• Willingness to continue to learn and operate within multiple areas of the company. We are a small business, so everyone wears several hats.
For more information or for an interview please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.