Every time I turn on the radio, it is an advertisement from another retailer looking for part of your dollar. Walking through the mall, I see so many faces less than enthusiastic about their shopping trip. This time of year can be just exhausting!
I promise to give you a different experience if you chose to let This Old Farm be part of of your holiday giving or holiday table. I invite you to take a drive into the countryside to see our newly expanded store front. Enjoy a cup of locally roasted coffee while we help you find the perfect local gift for that person that has it all. Here are ten ways you can included a local farmer or artisan in your holiday tradition……………
1. Woodwork by the Dickersons. Handmade cutting boards and other wood items. Jada, my 14 year old daughter’s favorite is a cherry wood measuring spoon. She wants it in her stocking.
2. Natural soaps, candles, towels, and handmade rugs from the Gutwein Family. So natural and so good.
3. Beef Tenderloin Roast, none of the bad, all of the good! This is a holiday favorite for many.
4. Beef Brisket. Easy to cook and oh so flavorful.
5. Holiday Ham but without the nitrites and nitrates, only goodness. Glaze with local honey if you like it sweet. Just warm and serve.
6. Indiana Sampler Baskets: Make your own from our large selection of local artisan items or chose one that we have made.
7. FFA Poinsetta’s. Student grown Poinsetta’s to bring to any holiday gathering.
8. Apparel. My 16 year old son asked for beanies for Christmas. Is it a thing? Show the world that you believe in supporting your local farmer.
9. Fill their freezer. This a gift that can keep giving through the year. We have lots of packages available for those that love good food. Isn’t that everyone?
10. Last but not least? Gift Cards……….. Spread the word by sharing with your friends and family the importance of supporting local farms when you gift them a gift card.
MENTION CODE: CHRISTMAS 2017 and receive local honey for your ham glaze or our favorite historic BBQ rub or shoup’s seasoning for your brisket or tenderloin roast.
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THIS OLD FARM AND ALL OF OUR FARMERS AND ARTISANS!