We are excited to have an evening of fun planned for our May 13th event.
The Juniper Spoon turns food into art. We couldn’t find a better caterer to present local food sampling. Lali Hess will be responsible for coordinating 3 cookers with 9 different meat items to sample: greek skewers with garlic and yogurt, brats with honey dijon, and loin medallions with cranberry tarragon pesto on bread or toasts to name a few. Locally grown greens and dessert will round out the sampling showing just how good healthful food is.
Long time family friends have offered to entertain us. Michael Lewis, Denise Wilson, and Chance Heasty all of Traveler’s Dream will join us to set the stage.
This Old Farm Meats and Processing Announces Open House
Please join us on Thursday, May 13 from 4-8pm to celebrate the Grand Opening of This Old Farm Meats and Processing and locally produced foods. Consumers who want to learn about how and where to source Indiana grown local food products for their home, school, or institution and producers who are interested in finding markets for their farm products are welcome to this event to meet and get connected during this informal gathering.
The Open House event will feature:
- Local meats and products sampling by “The Juniper Spoon” www.thejuniperspoon.com
- “Meat the Grower” – find out who are our central Indiana producers
- This Old Farm Meats and Processing plant tours
- Owners Jessica and Erick Smith will share their vision for building and growing our central Indiana local food economy through a local food Producer Alliance. Sponsored by USDA VAPG, USDA SBIR and IEDC Grants.
- Musical entertainmentby Traveler’s Dream (Michael Lewis, Denise Wilson, and Chance Heasty)
- Ribbon Cutting ceremony
- Socializing and networking among growers and consumers who wish to participate in creating food security where we live.
Please RSVP, if possible, by May 5th. Call Jessica at (765) 324-2161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can’t let us know, just come on by anyway!
The event will be held at:
This Old Farm Meats and Processing
9572 W County Road 650 S
Colfax, IN 46035
This Old Farm Meats and Processing toll processes and distributes local, naturally raised beef, pork, lamb, poultry, and vegetables.