Locally Grown Foods Tour
Saturday, August 10
Four Clinton County Local Food Producers!
Come see what Clinton County farmers are growing
Learn about the benefits of buying locally
Visit some really interesting small farms
We have limited space on a bus which will transport participants to and from each farm. Seats will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. We will cancel the bus if we do not have 15 passengers.
• 9:00 a.m. – Load bus at 1111 South Jackson Street in Frankfort
• 9:30-10:15 a.m. – Rick McWhirt, 1172 N County Rd 400 E, Frankfort. Local produce grower.
• 10:30-11:15 a.m. – Rule’s Golden Honey, 5360 E. County Road 400 N, Michigantown. In addition to honey, Mike Rule also grows and sells produce.
• 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch at This Old Farm, 9572 W County Rd 650 S, Colfax. Lunch speaker: Jessica Smith, This Old Farm.
• 1:00-2:00 p.m. – This Old Farm, locally grown meat products including grass-fed beef and pastured pork.
• 2:45-3:45 p.m. – The Farming Engineers, 3400 S CR 1380 E, near Pickard. Lisa and Matt Burke raise organic poultry, grass-fed, organic beef and vegetables.
• 4:15 p.m. – Unload bus at 1111 South Jackson Street in Frankfort
Program cost: Lunch only: $10.00, Lunch and bus: $20.00
You may visit the farms individually during the scheduled times though we urge you to be there for the start of the site visit. If you are not having lunch or riding the bus there is no cost but RSVP is still appreciated.
There will be opportunities to buy products at each of the tour stops. We will have coolers for those riding the bus.
To register, please email Curt Emanuel at email@example.com or call (765) 659-6380. Bus space will be allotted on a first-come, first served basis.