Butcher/New Product Development:
This Old Farm, Inc is looking for an honest, dependable, and hard working Butcher. This Old Farm Meats and Processing is located outside of Colfax, IN between Indianapolis and Lafayette. The processing facility is a small federally inspected plant processing both certified organic meats as well as traditionally raised meats. Product is sold through a retail and wholesale market. Our mission is as follows:
Our mission is to bring healthful, local food to Indiana by sustaining, nurturing, and prospering the family farm through cooperative distribution of local, environmentally conscience foods at a cost that both supports the farmer while representing the true cost and value for the customer.
Skill consideration will be based upon both skill level and attitude. The desire to be part of the team and learn often outweighs the need for immediate proficiency.
Here is what we are looking for (requirements):
- Hard working-Butchering is hard physical work. The right individual will enjoy working with his hands and have the strength for a hard days work.
- Good communication skills.
- Is like-minded – In other words, we are looking for someone who enjoys the small farm model and is committed to the ecological and financial sustainability of the family farm. Our job is to support the farm; therefore, you must care about the farm.
- Livestock experience a plus.
- Enjoys eating. We need you to think like a chef or at least what to please the chefs of the world.
- Leadership skills and can run a small crew of 3 or 4
- Miscellaneous help-in a small company it is important to have help with all aspects of the business. At times other activities will be necessary.
For more information or for an interview please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org.